Breitbart @wearebreitbart
6k Posts
477k Followers
183 Following
- The Official Instagram for Breitbart News -
6k Posts
477k Followers
183 Following
- The Official Instagram for Breitbart News -
🔶First Lady Melania Trump @flotus returned in Washington, D.C. from vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey.🔷 📷:AFP/AP/Getty
4k 222
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 President Trump suggested Democrats have given up any defense of the Second Amendment and pledged that he will not allow Americans’ gun rights to be swept away on the “slippery slope” of gun control. Trump made the comments while speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Tuesday. He said, “We have very, very strong background checks right now. But we have, sort of, missing areas and areas that don’t complete the whole circle. And we’re looking at different things.” He added, “And I have to tell you that it is a mental problem. And I’ve said it a hundred times: It’s not the gun that pulls the trigger; it’s the person that pulls the trigger. These are sick people, and it is also that kind of a problem.” Trump was then asked point blank if he wanted to see Senate passage of gun control bills passed in the Democrat-controlled House. He responded: “Well, I’m not going to get into that. But we are in very meaningful discussions with the Democrats. And I think the Republicans are very unified. We are very strong on our Second Amendment. The Democrats are not strong at all on the Second Amendment. I would say they’re weak on the Second Amendment, and we have to be careful of that.” He observed: “The Democrats would, I believe — I think they’d give up the Second Amendment. And the people that — a lot of the people that put me where I am are strong believers in the Second Amendment — and I am, also. And we have to be very careful about that. You know, they call it the “slippery slope,” and all of the sudden, everything gets taken away. We’re not going to let that happen.” Breitbart News reported that Trump used weekend comments to shift away from background checks. Politico reported that Trump was asked about the background check gun control push and he said, “I’m not saying anything. I’m saying Congress is going to be reporting back to me with ideas. And they’ll come in from Democrats and Republicans. And I’ll look at it very strongly. But just remember, we already have a lot of background checks.” @awr_hawkins
12k 454
🔴Far-Left Facebook makes its move just in time for the 2020 elections—affecting how millions of conservatives will get their news.🔴 Facebook recently spoke with Axios, revealing a number of plans to promote news outlets on its platform including the creation of a “News Tab” featuring outlets handpicked by Facebook, changing how millions of people receive news. Axios reports that social media giant Facebook has new plans aimed at helping handpicked news outlets on its platform and will be hiring a number of seasoned journalists to curate a planned “News Tab” feature. The news tab is reportedly an effort by Facebook to restore some credibility to the site’s news feed which it believes has become inundated with fake news and clickbait. Facebook plans to personalize the News Tab meaning it will require a vast amount of content on a wide range of topics for users. The new venture is reportedly part of a personal project by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to improve the company’s relationship with publishers which have previously accused social media of destroying their business models and stealing content. Facebook will reportedly be paying dozens of publishers in order to license content for the News Tab and news from many other sources will be included. The largest partners in the project will be paid millions of dollars a year, according to the Wall Street Journal. Facebook representatives have stated that they would be willing to pay as much as $3 million a year to license headlines and article previews from news outlets, according to sources familiar with the situation. Facebook’s head of news partnerships, Campbell Brown, stated recently that: “Our goal with the News tab is to provide a personalized, highly relevant experience … The majority of stories people will see will appear in the tab via algorithmic selection.” The company will reportedly be employing a small team of journalists to curate the Top News section.
3k 480
President Trump appears to be shifting away from the background check push he undertook in the immediate aftermath of the attacks in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. On August 5, 2019, Trump floated the idea of “strong background checks,” saying, “Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!” On August 7, 2019, the Associated Press quoted Trump saying: “There’s a great appetite, and I mean a very strong appetite, for background checks. And I think we can bring up background checks like we’ve never had before.” But Politico reports that over the weekend Trump appeared to back off his background checks push. A reporter asked him about the gun control push and Trump said, “I’m not saying anything. I’m saying Congress is going to be reporting back to me with ideas. And they’ll come in from Democrats and Republicans. And I’ll look at it very strongly. But just remember, we already have a lot of background checks.” Trump also said, “I don’t want people to forget that this is a mental health problem. I don’t want them to forget that, because it is. It’s a mental health problem.” During an August 15, 2019, “Keep America Great” rally in New Hampshire, Trump said, “It’s not the gun that pulls the trigger.” He added: “We can’t make it harder for good, solid, law-abiding citizens to protect themselves. We will always uphold the right to self-defense, and we will always uphold the Second Amendment. We will.” @awr_hawkins
7k 354
🤣🤣🤣🤣 @rosannaarquette
6k 3k
🔶🔶🔶Minutes ago🔷🔷🔷
25k 990
⬛️⬛️REVEALED⬛️⬛️ Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez will reportedly travel to Mexico to hold three party fundraisers with American expatriates next month. According to Bloomberg, Perez will head up the events in Mexico City on September 28th. The report says high-end access can cost as much as $15,000. “The events range from happy hour drinks with a $25 minimum student entry to a dinner where tickets range from $1,000 to $15,000. The registration form on the DNC website require that attendees be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and enter passport or green card numbers. It is illegal for foreigners to contribute to American political campaigns. DNC spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa confirmed that Perez will be holding the events.” With approximately 1.5 million American citizens residing in Mexico, per State Department figures, the trio of events could prove lucrative at a time when the DNC is being significantly outraised by the Republican National Committee (RNC). For the month of June, Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings show the RNC raised $20.8 million, spent $14.3 million and had $43.5 million in cash on hand, while its Democrat counterpart only took in $8.5 million, spent $7.5 million and had $9.3 million in cash in the bank. However, the DNC also had $5.7 million in debt. Perez has previously courted the support of Democrats living abroad, having delivered a speech in London in April 2018.
4k 989