Day 42: what do you think of Eriksen's performance yesterday? 🤔 🗨️ ⤵️
Pochettino has praised MOTM Gazzaniga's impressive performance yesterday against brighton.
🗣️"For me Paulo Gazzaniga was man of the match, he was fantastic, fantastic because the energy that translates to the team and I think his personality, his character, because he knew today that he was going to play.
"Maybe he didn't make an unbelievable save, but I don't know who was man of the match, but for me he deserved to be and I say well done to him on the pitch at the end, because of the energy and feeling he translated to the team was very calm and relaxed - 'I am going to protect you'. That is the message he sent. That is why I am so happy with him."
When asked whether he will be rewarded with another appearance for the club, Pochettino replied: "I don't believe Michel [Vorm] is going to be ready for Wednesday. But the way, in our mind was to give him [Gazzaniga] the cup of course, that was the plan before what happened with Michel."
Should @gazzanigapaulo be second choice? 🤔 🗨️ ⤵️
Erik Lamela has been involved in 5 goals in his last 4 PL appearances [4 Goals, 1 Assist]
My personal player ratings from the weekend - comment if you disagree or agree. Onto Watford in the Carabao Cup! ⚡️🔥💪🏽
5 THINGS I LEARNT FROM YESTERDAY'S GAME :
1. Danny Rose looks like he's getting back to his best. Last season Rose looked like a shadow of his former self but yesterday's performances was very impressive. There was an energy and tenacity to his play and he set up Lamela brilliantly for the second goal. If he manages to keep up this form then it'll be hard to drop him.
2. Lamela is a crucial member of the squad. Time and time again he comes off the bench and changes games and yesterday's performance was another example of that. His second goal was taken brilliantly and his all round play was great. Definitely deserves more minutes.
3. Dembele's still a great player. His fitness and sharpness may be waning but his strength and balance remains top class. He may not be a player who we can rely on week in week out but he's still a great player to have in the squad.
4. Kane's confidence is slowly building. So far this season, Kane has had few attempts on goal but towards the end of yesterday's game he was starting to look like his old self. He made two great surging runs through Brighton's defence only to be denied by the keeper both times. Still a long way off his best but a positive performance nonetheless.
5. Our passing was a lot more steady and accurate. We've been giving the ball away for fun recently but yesterday we were a lot less sloppy in our play. Players like Dier and Vertonghen looked more confident on the ball and our general play was just a lot better (although still not quite to our usual standard). #COYS#THFC#Tottenham#Spurs#Yid#Yids #Yid #Yidarmy#EPL