TRY IT TUESDAYS
Chicken baked with white wine, garlic and herbs
Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 20 mins Total Time 35 mins
• 8 chicken thighs skin on and bone in
• olive oil/butter for frying
• 3 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
• 250 ml white wine
• large handful mixed fresh herbs chopped (I used sage, parsley, thyme and rosemary)
• splash of cream approximately 50-100ml
• salt & pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
2. In a large, oven-proof frying pan, melt the butter/heat the oil and fry the chicken until golden brown all over.
3. Remove from the pan then add the garlic and allow to fry for a few seconds then pour in the wine, herbs and cream.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan then season to taste and place in the oven.
5. Allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through but still juicy.
6. Serve with rice/bread to mop up the juices.
Please note: TRY IT TUESDAYS recipes are not our own! Recipe Credit: Alida Ryder