🌱Wanted to warm up with a slow melty @followyourheart grilled cheese. Pesto, tomoato, greens. Side salad oil, vinegar, little spice.
🌈 strawberries + roasted bell pepper + sautéed squash + sautéed zucchini + blueberries + roasted beetroot + Greek yogurt .
I don’t know about you all but this cold weather has me missing summer SO BAD 😭 I’m not at all a cold weather girl so once the temp drops below 50 degrees, I’m upset. .
I wanted to do a repost of one of my favorite plates! It’s a great example of what I mean when I say “eat your rainbow 🌈 “. I focus on getting as much color as I can onto each plate I make. Of course, sometimes I fall short of my goal but at least I have a goal 🤷🏻♀️ the more colorful a meal is the more varied nutrients that are being provided! It is important to eat a wide variety of foods to help get all the nutrients and vitamins our bodies need to function. But don’t forget, kids might need to be offered a new food as many as 10-15 times before they will eat it. So don’t be discouraged when they refuse something. Just know you’re trying and that’s more than some parents ever do!!
I love looking down at my meals and seeing a plate fulllll of veggies - and half the plate is raw! 🥑🥒🍇 dinner tonight was twice roasted sweet potatoes (I roasted them yesterday + then sliced and roasted them again tonight), broccoli, potatoes, 3 @gardein chik’n tenders tossed in bbq, + a yummy, crunchy salad w. kale, avocado, cucumbers, chickpeas, beets, red grapes, + avo-tahini dressing 🤤 I hope everyone had a moment to sit and reflect inward today ✌🏼
Oven-roasted sweet potato and zucchini served with brown rice and Amy’s chili, topped with avocado. It’s not pretty, but it’s delicious and filling.
To roast the sweet potato and zucchini, I cut them into quarters, tossed with olive oil, no-salt seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder, and cooked for 40 minutes at 410 degrees. #eattherainbow#eattolive#vegetarian#vegan
You know how people say “I’ll sleep when I die” or “sleep is for the weak” like that’s supposed to be perceived as a strength? Quit playin’! 🙄 Imagine if people said “protein is for the weak” - what? It’s 2018, guys!
When we get good quality, restorative sleep, we are giving our bodies a fighting chance at functioning the way they are able to. This includes metabolism, insulin regulation, memory and cognition (hello, 🧠), muscle building and recovery, and our stress! Basically, life is easier when you’re not cranky and sore. 🤣
Sleep is truly the simplest way to improve your health, and IT’S FREE. 🌙 I get it, it can be hard! Since my health took a serious decline and I developed hashimoto’s, adrenal fatigue, and shoulder pain that prevents me from laying down in ANY way... there has been too many nights that I just laid there for hours, desperate for rest. It can be soo frustrating if you’re not sleeping well! But, here are just a few tips that have helped set me up for success.
• Establish a routine. This might include herbal tea before bed, reading a book, taking a bath, physical affection with your SO 😏 or another wind-down. 📚
• Shut off the screens one hour before bed. 📱 🔌 Blue light inhibits our melatonin production and messes with a healthy circadian rhythm. If needed, try some amber tinted glasses and the Flux app on your laptop.
• Eat some carbs: squash, sweet potato, parsnips, or white rice if you can have it! 🍠🥕 If you are on the lower carb side and struggling with sleep, you may benefit from some more starchy vegetables with dinner.
• Cut the caffeine. 🍵☕️ This can vary for each person, but even one cup early in the morning can be hard on your system if you’re struggling with every issues and melatonin production.
• If you’re sleep deprived and deciding between an extra hour of sleep and an intense workout, sleep wins every time. Sleep is not just rest for your brain, it’s rest for your muscles AND how your body “recharges it’s batteries” for your workouts. 🤸🏻♀️
Do you get enough sleep? 😴