It's soup season! 🍂🍁 And cold season...glad I made this stupidly easy sweet potato + carrot soup last night because I needed it today 🤒
Recipe 🌱 (4-6 servings)
2 TB coconut oil
1 TB olive oil
1 mid-sized sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 mid-sized apple, peeled and diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/3-1/2 c white wine (I used Kung Fu Girl Riesling from @charlessmithwines)
1" piece of turmeric root, minced (a few tsp of powdered works as well)
1" piece of ginger root, minced (again, a few tsp of powdered works as well)
1/2-1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like the 🔥🙋♀️)
dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
2 c @so_delicious coconut milk (can also use almond or cashew)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 c water
2 tsp @betterthanbouillon mushroom soup base (their veggie chicken one is amazing as well)
Extras: coconut milk + pumpkin seeds to top 👍
1) Heat coconut and olive oil on medium low, add ginger and turmeric. Sauteé for two minutes.
2) Add apples and onion. Cook until softened.
3) Turn up the heat to medium and add carrots and sweet potato. Stir mixture and cook for another 8 minutes. Add wine.
4) Add coconut milk, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil, then simmer until sweet potato and carrots are soft.
5) Remove from heat and add to a blender or use an immersion blender, puree until smooth
Current nursemaid. Back to bed after attempting a full workday. Emphasis on attempt. The hacking up of lungs began in earnest round about noon, so I bussed home and took to my bed. This little miss immediately joined me.
Cats are not a proven remedy for a cold, but they sure help lift the spirits.