Women in cinema vol.16
1) Elena Tyapkina (1900-1984) Years active : 1927-1988
2) Nonna Mordyakova (1925-2008) Years active : 1948-1999
3) Ludmilla Gurchenko (1935-2011) Years active : 1956-2000
4) Iya Savinna (1936-2011) Years active : 1960-2011
5) Sofiko Chiaureli (1937) Russia/Georgia
6) Margarita Tereshkova (1945) Years active :1964-2005
7) Nina Ruslanova (1945) She started her career at 1967 and continues.
8) Natalya Arinbarosova (1946) Russia/Kazakhstan
She started her career at 1965 and continues.
9) Yelena Solovey (1947) Russia/USA She started her career at 1966 and continues.
After much searching, I've found a 1st edition of the 100 year old book "The Condensed Course in Motion Picture Photography.' It runs 380 pages of fine-print text, illustrations and photographs. It's both an incredible historical document and a finely detailed lesson in cinematography.
The field of cinematography was already quite sophisticated and technically formalized by 1920, quite different than the impression that is sometimes given of ragtag cinematographers winging it with a hand-cranked camera. It's amazing how little has changed in the past 100 years - read the page I posted on set etiquette! On the other hand, the professional world of cinematography was still split between using 'F-Stops' vs the 'Uniform System' for exposure. (See page!). I'll post more from this later on.
Douglas Elton Tomas Ullman Fairbanks the Elder (born Douglas Elton Thomas Ullman Fairbanks, Sr .; May 23, 1883 - December 12, 1939) is an American actor, one of the biggest stars of the silent film era. Founder and first president of the American Academy of Film. In 1919, together with Mary Pickford, Charlie Chaplin and David Work Griffith created the independent film company United Artists.
1 photo - still from the film "The Thief of Baghdad" 1924
2 still photos from the film "The Three Musketeers" 1921
3 life photos
4 photos- Douglas with Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin
5 photos- playful sketches (Sid Grauman, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks)
6 press photos after signing documents to create the United Artists film company
7 photos- Douglas Fairbanks visiting Chaplin on the set of his film Circus 1928
8 photos- Douglas and his wife Mary Pickford
9 pics- Douglas Fairbanks Wedding and Mary Pickford 1920