@lauriekeet and @abbey_brooks_yoga crushed it today! Give this superset a try 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼
5️⃣ sets of 1️⃣2️⃣ reps
✔️Squat to Overhead Press
✔️In Place Lunges (12 reps each leg per set)
This super set is great for getting a great lower body workout in, while incorporating upper body strength with the overhead press. The stationary lunge tends to be slightly more challenging than walking lunges, due to more core and stabilizers being involved. Try it out for yourself!!
1️⃣To begin, lie down on an incline bench with the chest and stomach pressing against the incline. Have the dumbbells in each hand with the palms facing each other (neutral grip). 2️⃣Extend the arms in front of you so that they are perpendicular to the angle of the bench. The legs should be stationary while applying pressure with the ball of your toes. This is the starting position.
3️⃣Maintaining the slight bend of the elbows, move the weights out and away from each other (to the side) in an arc motion while exhaling. Tip: Try to squeeze your shoulder blades together to get the best results from this exercise.
The arms should be elevated until they are parallel to the floor.
4️⃣Feel the contraction and slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling. #bklynfitness#dontgetmadgetmotivated#shoulders#betonyourself
💥Movement Monday💥 Trap Bar Shoulder Press 💪🏾 Is a great alternative to the Barbell Overhead Press!
Try this variation of the Shoulder Press if your shoulders don’t like the Barbell Press. If they feel achy or if you have discomfort with the traditional lift.
The Trap Bar Shoulder Press puts your hands in the neutral position (palms facing each other) which is more friendly to the shoulders.
No Trap Bar, no problem - you can use dumbbells in the neutral position as well.
This movement will keep your shoulders feeling good, help you build muscle, and get strong. It will give you the feel of the Barbell without using a Barbell!
One last thing, you don’t have to hoist it up from the ground like I did, especially if you add a significant amount of weight to the bar.
So, instead get inside a squat rack, set the stoppers at chest height. Then put the trap Bar on the stoppers and get to lifting! 💪🏾
Train Smart, Train Safe, Have Fun, Lift The Things, Get Strong!
Da série: novo projeto fitness?
Carnaval se foi, então, nada mais justo do iniciar um novo projeto, SÓ QUE NÃO 😒!
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ Creio que todos sabem o que acontece quando aderimos à projetos megalomaníacos a curto prazo, não é mesmo 🤔?
Sendo assim, porque não pensar em um projeto a longo prazo para a vida toda?
Garanto que dessa maneira não irá se frustrar e abandonar o projeto no “meio do caminho” 💀🔪!
Starting the week off right with a Tri-set of
1️⃣DB Shoulder Press
2️⃣Front Raise (Spell your name)
3️⃣TRX Rear Delt Fly
New exercise for you guys to try!! Many people neglect their Rear Delts so here is a simple exercise to add into your routine! Hope you guys have a great Monday and let me know what exercises or stretches you would like to see!
A question that slides into my DM’s probably once or twice a week:
How do I start what you’re doing; bodybuilding? How do I start competing?
Instead of answering this with the technical stuff about finding an organization or choosing a show, let’s talk about what REALLY matters; how YOU set you & your body up for a successful prep.
1. Do NOT expect any (good) coach to diet you down for a 16 week prep if you’re currently soft & only eating a mere 1200cals. Any coach with sense will tell you you NEED to increase that intake before you consider dieting. For women, I’d recommend starting a prep between 1800&3000cals, and for dudes; between 2500&6000cals (yeah, some guys can maintain on THAT many cals. Wild.)
2. Be honest about how much fat you need to lose, then be honest about how long your prep should be. 20lbs to drop? Try 16-24 weeks. 30? 20-28 weeks. 10? Maybe only 8-12 weeks.
3. Realize that you’re a lot smaller shredded than you are in an off season. You may think you could compete in figure at 20 weeks out, then slowly realize you’re better suited for bikini as you lean out. Be realistic about your category.
4. Find a GREAT coach. Contact many coaches. Be open with them, but also ask hard questions; what’s the science behind their methods? Will they reverse diet you? Etc.
5. Be open to changing your show date, esp. on a first prep. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Keep back up shows in mind.
6. Don’t be doing hours of weekly cardio when you start a diet. Try to get that down as low as you can while maintaining your weight. That means there will be less to do come closer to show.
7. Budget. These shows aren’t cheap. The process isn’t cheap. Estimate between $500 & 1500 for the whole 9 yards. Plan finances ahead before committing. Find ways to save.
8. Prep for YOU; not because you wanna get in shape, not to impress a guy, not to get shredded. Find your “why” and own it. Make sure it’s internally driven in a positive way. Love yourself first. Don’t prep so you can love yourself for your body.
So I had a lot of PRs today. Worked up to 135 on my front squat. Never have gone over 85 pounds..... then got 50lb for one arm shoulder press, and then ended my PRs with 130# Atlas Stone!!! Holy moly are my glutes and shoulders on fire today. Proud of my hustle. #strongman#stongwoman#atlasStone#squats#shoulders#glutes
Upper body session with ma sista in Skurup💪👭 next time I'll make a killer glutes session for us when going to my gym in Malmo 😎💕#sisters#family#workout#gymlife#gym#fitlife#fitgirl#upperbody#muscle#gain#sweden#fitness#l9#lifestyle#healthy#laugh#love#together#stronger#motivation#inspiration#determination#triceps#girls#progress#smile#selfie#shoulders#biceps#back#upperbody#girls
Vacuums work better when you’re hungry. Also they make u look 10million Times more like a pizza. And for those who saw my story yesterday, luckily it was a minor strain (grade 2). So gonna lay off legs a bit and work on my small torso compared to my legs. If u wanna know what happened, basically didn’t warmup and threw 365 on for squats and on my 5th rep or so I felt a twinge/ tear feeling in my left quad n yea stopped squats from there