Conte backs Christensen after massive error.
👉 "He is only 21 and he played with great maturity.He is a top player and I'm very pleased with his performance.🔥
⭕Honestly I think he could one of our best CB's ever.Given the time.Mistakes happen.⭕
Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona
62' ⚽ Willian (Hazard E.) [CHE]
75' ⚽ Messi L. (Iniesta A.) [BAR]
Lionel Messi scored for the first time in six games against #Che#Chelsea as Barcelona came from behind to
take a vital away goal into the second leg of their last-16 Champions League tie.
Willian hit the post twice but finally found the net with what looked to be the winning goal, only for Messi to score to earn a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday, leaving the clash finely balanced.
Chelsea and #Barca were facing each other for the 13th time in the Champions League, renewing their rivalry after a classic semi- final clash in 2012, and for much of the contest there was nothing between the sides despite Barca's inevitable dominance of the ball.
#Barcelona had 75 per cent possession in the first half but the #Catalans were perhaps fortunate to go into half-time level, #Willian having been denied by the woodwork on two occasions.
He fine-tuned his radar after the interval, however, rifling home into Marc-Andre ter Stegen's bottom-left corner to give #Chelsea the lead.
But #Messi pounced on his only chance of the game, capitalising on sloppy Chelsea
defending to slot in from Andres Iniesta's pass to give Barca a narrow advantage ahead of the second leg on March 14.
Kindly Like this post ❤❤.
Follow Us for more Sports Action, News, Fun and Updates 👉🏾👉🏾 @layemisport
Key Opta stats:
- Barcelona have conceded in each of their seven visits to Stamford Bridge in the Champions League (W1 D2 L4), with their only win coming in February 2006 (2-1)
- Six of Willian's nine Champions League goals for Chelsea have come from outside the box (67%).
- In fact, since joining Chelsea in 2013-14, Willian has scored more Champions League goals from outside the box than any other player (6, followed by Cristiano Ronaldo & Neymar on 5).
- Messi has scored 18 goals in 27 appearances against English sides in the Champions League, including eight in his last five.
- Chelsea are the 71st club that Lionel Messi has scored against for Barcelona - he has only failed to score against 11 clubs that he has faced.
- Lionel Messi has now scored at least one goal in exactly half of his appearances