“I don’t want to be almost as good as a man, at being a man.” Those words are from Michele Oberholtzer, a Democratic candidate for Michigan's 4th District in the State House of Representatives.
Oberholtzer, who is the director of the Tax Foreclosure Prevention Project for the United Community Housing Coalition, recently spoke with Exist Detroit about her political ambitions, advocacy for the Detroit community and determination to stay true to herself.
Full video coming this Monday to existdetroit.com. #detroit#existdetroit
How to make Baklava? •Ingredients are:
2 Fillo Dough.
2 Sticks Of Butter.
1 Cup Of Vegetable Oil.
Pistachios (Optional) Using to Sprinkle your Baklava. •For the Filling:
& Roasted Cashews. •For the Sugar Syrup:
2 Cups Of Water.
4 Cups Of Sugar.
1Tsp. Of Lemon.
1. Start off preheating your oven to 375.
2. Melt your butter.
3. Add the Vegetable Oil.
4. Pour it in a small bowl to cool off.
5. We’ll start off by using 1 box of Fillo Dough (20 layers).
6. Grease your pan (Or Whatever you’ll make your Baklava in).
7. Take one layer at a time and top it off with the Butter/Oil mixture.
8. When done with the First box of Fillo Dough, Now open the Second box of the Fillo Dough and use 6 more..
9. You must have 26 layers covered in Butter/Oil.. 10. Mix/Blend your Almonds & Roasted Cashews (Which will be your Filling) and spread it all around to Fillo Dough.
11. With your remaining Fillo Dough, That’s when you take the whole Dough at once and put it on top.
12. Cut your Baklava into any shape or size you would like.
13. Drizzle your remaining Butter/Oil on top.
14. Put it in the oven for about 20-25 Minutes.. Until golden from the top!
15. While it’s in the oven let’s start making our “Sugar Syrup” Which will take less than 10 minutes to make.
16. 2 Cups Of Water, 4 Cups Of Sugar, And 1Tsp. Of Lemon.. 17. Let it boil for couple of minutes on a medium heat, Then turn the heat off.. Put the aside.
18. (KEEP CHECKING YOUR BAKLAVA) Apparently some ovens their heat are different so just keep your eyes on it.
19. When it’s ready and Golden, That’s when you take it out of the oven and pour the Sugar Syrup right away.. (Yes right away).
20. After, You can always top it off with crushed Pistachios (Optional)
21. Wait until it cools off than Enjoy!! 22. If you guys ever try this recipe for the Baklava please send me DM @MoonisSensationalSweets and show me your work.. I’d love to see other people’s work☺️.. I HOPE YOU LIKED THE VIDEO✨#HowToMakeBaklava #BakingWithMooni#Hamtramck#Michigan#MoonisSensationalSweets