• H E L L O 10 F A C T S • Just thought now would be the good time to give you "10 facts about me". If you have just started following me hello and thank you so much, I really do appreciate it.
1) I have two children who are my world, Jess who has recently moved in with her boyfriend and Jake currently at uni
2) I work in the print and publishing industry and am most characterised by my strong work ethic.
3) I brought my children up from very young ages as a single mum
4) I make lots of mistakes in life but I do my best
5) I am forever struggling with my weight and am always going on a diet tomorrow
6) my proudest moment aside from my children was completing a 350km cycle challenge with my son Jake, across Sri Lanka last year for the Teens Unite against cancer charity, with my son Jake. Life changing for us both.
7) I have spent more of my adult life single sadly not hopefully because I'm a bad person but just circumstance. I do have a boyfriend now, Andy, of nearly two years. Not living together as yet.
8) I am crazy about watching athletics and am known to scream at tv when Mo is running.
9) I over analyse, worry too much and am an expert faffer around the home.
10) This home is my dream because of my passion for interiors and my journey to get here (referenced in my post 27 Oct). Must admit pic one from my phone taken last week as I'm still travelling home. Thank you for your support xx
There's room on the left and room on the right. The Chelsea model by @shanehomes has kitchen counter space where you need it.⠀
One of the last glimpses of fall. As we transition from fall to winter, we enter a season for reflection, hibernation and planning. Lets not forget it is a time for bonding with family, friends and loved ones 😍 photo by @a_ontheroad
Thankful & grateful today and everyday! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍂
5 POPULAR SCENTS YOU MAY CONSIDER USING WHEN SELLING YOUR HOME 👃🏻
The sense of smell can sway a homebuyer when it comes to spending time in a space during an open house or showing. .
Bad smells could be the difference between a sale and a maybe that could turn into a no. Bad smells can include cooked food, home appliances, clothing and shoes, pets, smoke and mold – even dusty air vents can cause put a stank face on homebuyers. .
You need to remove any sense or scents of people living in the house, personal photos etc so this is also true for smells. I know that I am instantly put off of eating in restaurants if I walk in and it smells bad, so of course the same will be true for people’s potential dream home purchase.
On the flip side, a clean smell and a deodorized smell are two different things. Pulling out scented candles and plug-ins or preparing baked cookies may smell nice to some, but others may think you’re masking a smell or could find the scent appalling. Even worse, the scent could distract the buyer’s ability to make a decision.
Here are five simple scents that I suggest you use when staging your home for an open house or viewing:
🍋 Citrus. Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges smell fresh.
🌱 Herbs. Using scented herbs can also bring a refreshing, familiar smell to the nose. Instilling rosemary, thyme or expecially basil in the home when selling, particularly in the kitchen, will create a warm and welcoming feeling for buyers.
🍦 Vanilla. There is something about vanilla that makes the room feel cozy. Grab a vanilla candle or make your own scent using vanilla beans or extract. You can use almond or mint extract to bring in a fresh scent as well.
🍵 Green Tea. this is used to help restore harmony.
🌲 Pine and cedar. Pine and cedar are two fragrant trees that can be used to create a complex aroma, these are especially nice to use during the holidays and winter months.
Which scent to use depends on your home and where its located and if in doubt, citrus or vanilla will work every time.