🦃 REPOST 🦃
Remember this give away? 300 followers by Thanksgiving Day? Scroll back through my posts! Thanksgiving is almost here and we're only about half way there. Share, Share, Share! Get your friends to follow my page so someone will win!
Citrus Cakes are completely underrated!
Explore your #citrus side by giving this Blood Orange Poppy Seed Cake a go!
Drop into #CarlingfordFruitWorld for all the ingredients to make this!
INGREDIENTS: - 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder & blood orange zest (each)
- 1/2 tsp salt, vanilla & vegetable oil (each)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt - 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh blood orange juice + 1 tbsp sugar *
1. Preheat oven 180ºC. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 loaf pan and set aside.
2. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt, zest, sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until incorporated. Fold in the oil with a rubber spatula. Add the poppy seeds and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth with a spatula. Top with thin blood orange slices, if desired. Bake 50-55 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. I left mine in for closer to 60 minutes hoping it would brown more on top, but it ended up being a touch over baked. So don't stress too much about a pale colour, just trust the tester.
3. Let the loaf cool in it's pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Meanwhile, cook the blood orange juice and 1 tbsp. sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from the heat.
4. While the cake is still warm, slowly pour the glaze over the top of the loaf, letting it soak in. Place a piece of parchment under the wire rack to catch the glaze for easy cleanup. Let cake finish cooling before slicing.
Look at these cute fruity pancakes!! How cute and fun 💗
#flavor for #today is @nob@nobleheadspace Tangie🍊. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of this strain ever since I first tried it a few years ago. A glorification of the Orange Crush and Cali-O of my childhood, the nostalgia is never missing when there's tangie in the house. And this batch from nobleheadspace is no different. Doesn't sting or overpower yet nicely molts across the tastebuds with a full spectrum of tangerine and orange peaks. As these smooth and creamy orange notes wreck havoc and grow in intensity throughout the experience, they are supported by complex but mild skunky and hazey undertones typically encountered with this classic sweet and citrus heavy strain. These skunky depths add vague complexity to the overall flavor, however help glorify its classic orange and tangerine highs by giving them a #sharp and #dank#grapefruit edge and will stick to the tastebuds for hours. DNA / Crocket genetics. For a strain that is almost entirely #sativa dominant, its effects are stimulating yet in profile very similar to an #indica . Motivation and #energy are evenly distributed with a complete lack of anxiety, heavy sedation, relaxation, a stimulation in appetite and a potential aid for insomnia. It's profile of effects work well and coupled with its amazing flavor will always be a crowd #favorite . Tangies amazing flavor profile and sedative effects can be attributed to a literal smorgasbord of #citrus influenced terpenes that in combination glorify the heavy orange and citrus qualities of one another. While Myrcene, Humulene, Beta caryophyllene, Terpinolene and Alpha Pinene are dominate in content and can be responsible for some of the sharp and more dank orange aromas, high levels of Beta-Pinene, and D-limonene can be responsible for some strong tangerine, and lime notes that paired with heavy grapefruit and orange become one dank, and classic citrus flavor. Thanks @nobleheadspace this shit is bomb. #live#resin#ter#terp> #for#days#weed#thc#sauce#tangie #terp #time#dab#420#blaze#dabs#humboldt#215#blessed