Buffalo wings! Inspired by MKR, thought it’s been far too long since our last “BW” feast. However didn’t want it deep fried. So after some research gave this a go: .
*In order to crisp up the skins, pat it dry and leave out skin side up in the fridge at least overnight, for me was the whole 24h.
*Coat your wings in half/half flour, baking powder mix with salt and pepper added by shaking up in plastic bag. Baking powder supposedly draws moisture out and helps to create the crust. .
*Lay out on the tray, I used foil, but next time will use baking paper, as it was sticking a bit even with oil spray. .
* Cook at 130C for 30min and 40 min at 220C. .
* To make hot sauce - melt butter, add Frank’s hot sauce (avail at Coles) and some brown sugar. For two trays of wings that fed 3 people with heaps of leftovers I used 1 cup of sauce (1.5 bottles), 120g butter, 5 tbsp of brown sugar. .
*For blue cheese sauce mix blue cheese, some soft cheese (like bree) (70/30), mayo, sour cream (50/50), little milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper. Just play with quantities and adjust taste. Mix together with stick blender till it’s smooth and runny. First time tried it, and love it as no need to cook it!! .
* Toss wings in hot sauce, serve with blue cheese sauce and celery. I just have plain coleslaw as a side. .
* It’s so yummm!!!!! And IS HOT!!! However I found the crispy skin that was pretty crispy just out of the oven, softened up when mixed with the sauce, so am not convinced that leaving them out to dry up is really necessary. .
Bon appetite!!!! 😍
So Cattle Steakhouse replaced the old SteakOut branch, its kept the same deco and similar menu but the main difference is they sell alcohol. The choices in the menu suggested there was a good variety and an exciting choice between minimally seasoned western style steak or the Cattle house seasoned style steak with choice of steak, sauce and side. As well as build your own burger petfect for some people i know 😉
* The starters kicked it off with a great start, the halloumi fries were surprisingly brilliant, really tasty, not too oily or salty with generous halloumi inside. The buffalo wings in peri peri sauce was also really tasty. The Cattle Home chilli sauce was lovely and super spicy.
* The mains however was a let down. The Philidelphia cheese Steak, the Rib Eye steak was standard, nothing special. We got the Fully loaded so it came with vegetables, fries and spicy rice which we changed for coleslaw (which somehow caused a huge confusion?!) As can be seen the vegetables werent what was expected, big chunks of veg not really sizzling or sauteed. The garlic mash was horrible as it was like a huge dollop of strong garlic was just put in n not mixed.
* The macaroni beef burger was also bog standard, i guess it says slot when your friend who always finishes her food left it unfinished.
The customer service wasnt great with confused snd absent staff. Sorry @cattlesteakhouse 👎👎
Just in time for wing night, we have our weekly special, the Hot Honey Jam. This one has Mike’s Hot Honey, Sriracha, apricot preserves, and fresh lime juice. Available until it’s gone. Your tastebuds will thank you.
•PLANT BASED TACOS (AND THE OTHET HALF SAID IT WAS BETTER THAN CHICKEN 🙌!)• I’ve made some spicy buffalo cauliflower bites which I’ve stuffed into a corn tortilla today along with some avocado, sweetcorn, red onion and fresh jalapeños. He said it was better than chicken!!!! Anyone that knows him will know he rates chicken pretty highly, so I’m really chuffed 😊. If you’re looking for ideas for vegan tacos, I thoroughly recommend trying spicy roasted cauliflower!