“Devo dizer que apesar de ser uma pessoa positiva, o problema da tecnologia ter tornado possível toda a gente ver tudo é que hoje os designer começam a carreira a fazer coisas muito criativas mas que são copiadas de forma tão rápida que se torna frustrante.” Veja a entrevista completa com @suzymenkesvogue em www.delas.pt #suzymenkes#websummit2017#lisbon#moda#fashion 📸Reuters
Other than fashion designers, the people I admire most in the industry are fashion writers/journalists/critics. I love reading about fashion and these are people are my favourite writers. Most of them will put fashion within a larger context in their writing, and talk about how fashion relates to the world at large. These fashion writers are like rock stars to me, I admire them, and I read as much of their work as I can. Most fashion lovers will know who these people are, but for those that don’t, let me introduce you to them.
1. Alexander Fury - my favourite, he’s a walking fashion encyclopaedia who’s writing is always such a pleasure to read. Opinionated and thoughtful.
2. Lou Stoppard - While I love reading her reviews, I also love watching her on SHOWSTUDIO’s panel discussions. Always driving the conversation about the fashion shows/designers into a larger context, often discussing the industry as a whole.
3. Tim Blanks - I have been a fan of Tim for what seems like forever. For as long as I have been a fashion fan I think. I love his writing, he always injects his encyclopaedic knowledge of music into his fashion reviews.
4. Cathy Horyn - Sharp, intelligent, opinionated and not afraid to to tell the truth. Even if it pisses off a few designers.
5. Suzy Menkes - It feels like Suzy is an industry icon in many ways. She’s always been there with her iconic quiff and thoughtful reviews.
6. Vanessa Friedman - I love reading her reviews, I often share a similar opinion to her about the shows. ——-
Images from google search
“I think it’s very interesting that we are facing a revolution in a way and yet that revolution keeps moving”💜@suzymenkesvogue with such an interesting and optimistic talk about the digital revolution of the fashion media. #WebSummit#suzymenkes#portugalfashion