We went for a private tasting at @epi@epi@epicurerestaurant on their new Chinese new year menu. Trust me epicure got a dope menu with a great fine dining experience. We tasted 11 dishes, for now I’ll review only some of them. (Part 2 will be posted soon)
1. Steamed wontons in a spicy broth - I loved every bit of it. Steamed wontons were scrumptious which were filled with Shitake mushrooms. Spicy broth had a good punch and Chinese wine was the winner in the broth.
2. Sriracha prawns with mango salsa - my mouth is singing! Loved the juicy spot on prawns and loved the mango salsa even more. Totally refreshing, likes the taste and crunch added by the pomegranates. One of the best prawn and salsa dishes ever!
3. Hokkaido scallops - Scallops were spot on. Nice caramelization on top, yet the scallops were tender and juicy. Loved the parsnip and pumpkin purée which was the bed for the scallops. Loved the parsnip chip and the micro herbs.
4. Honey glazed duck breast with tomato couscous - Duck skin was crispy and the meat was cooked to perfection. Tomato couscous was nice and loved the flavor. One of the best dishes I had @Epicure.
5. Beef tenderloin with hot pepper sauce - Yaay Yaaay!!! This dish was probably my favorite. Loved the succulent tenderloin cooked medium rare. Hot pepper sauce was certainly a win! It’s rare to find fine tenderloin dishes in Colombo, but trust me @epicurerestaurant got one of the bests.
6. Sticky toffee pudding- Definitely the winner! It was so rich, butterscotch flavored sauce is to die for. Love love love!! Fine dining is truly sensual. But if the food, ambience and the service all be fine together, there’s nothing that you could ask more!
@epicurerestaurant got a dope Chinese New Year menu, if you are a fine dining lover, I bet you cannot find any better place than Epicure!
Overall rating 10/10.
#FoodBlogger#IgFoodBlog#Foodgram#FoodLover#Influencer#IgInfluencing#FoodOfTheDay#Foo#Foodieum #IslandGirl#GoodFood#FoodCravings#YummyInMyTummy #Foodie #Dillycious#AGirlEats#DillyEats#FoodVibes#FineDining#AuthenticChinese#ChineseFood#ChineseNewYear#HomageMenu#Epicure#BestInTown
Круассаны с грибами и чесночным соусом 🥐 🥐 Слоеное тесто - 2 листа
🥐 Шампиньоны - 200 гр
🥐 Огурец - 1 шт
🥐 Помидор - 1 шт
🥐 Колбаса на выбор
Для чесночного соуса
🥐 Сливочное масло - 50 г
🥐 Чеснок - 3 зубчика
🥐 Мука - 3 ст.л.
🥐 Молоко - 200 мл
🥐 Сыр пармезан - 100 г (натереть)
🥐 Соль, перец по вкусу
Из листов теста сделать круасаны. Выпекать 20-30 минут.
Грибы нарезать и жарить 20 минут. Нарезать колбасу, огурец, помидоры кольцами.
Готовим чесночный соус. Растопите масло в небольшой кастрюле на среднем огне. Добавить чеснок, через 30 секунд муку, соль, перец. Понемногу добавлять молоко, постоянно помешивая, чтобы не было комков. Готовить до однородной массы. В конце добавить сыр пармезан. Помешать.
Круассаны акурратно разрезать по центру, намазать соусом, добавить грибы, колбасу, огурец, помидор.
Croissants with mushrooms and garlic sauce 🥐
🥐 Puff pastry - 2 sheets
🥐 Champignons - 200 gr
🥐 Cucumber - 1 piece
🥐 Tomato - 1 piece
🥐 Sausage to choose from
For garlic sauce
🥐 Butter - 50 g
🥐 Garlic - 3 cloves
🥐 Flour - 3 tbsp.
🥐 Milk - 200 ml
🥐 Parmesan cheese - 100 g (grate)
🥐 Salt, pepper to taste
Make the croissants from the sheets of dough. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Mushrooms cut and fry for 20 minutes. Cut sausage, cucumber, tomatoes.
Cooking garlic sauce.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, after 30 seconds, flour, salt, pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, so that there are no lumps. Cook until smooth. At the end, add parmesan cheese. Stir.
Croissants acurately cut in the center, spread the sauce, add mushrooms, sausage, cucumber, tomato.
#yaninaiscooking#yaninaiscooking_breakfast#croissant#croissanthomemade#foo#foodblogger #foodblog #homecook#homecooking#homecooked#cook_good#comfortfood#vscofood#igfood#igfoodie#igfoodpics#igfoodshare#igfoodblog#eeeeeats#yum#yummy#instayummy#instafood#instafoodpics#breakfastideas#healthyrecipes#easyrecipe#easyrecipes#truecooks#yougottaeatthis#foodstagram
When you work in the western suburbs of Adelaide, you’re perfectly situated to access so much good Vietnamese food! This gem of a combination rice was from an old institution - Tay Do.
Here’s the review on my visit to Heaven!
Yes! I said heaven! 💫
As Chocoholics is the newest trend for Chocolate lovers, we went to @chocoholics.lk on a Friday night... Chocolate can never go wrong. And the guys at Chocoholics know how to do the magic.
We ordered three food dishes and two beverages.
1. Choco waffle (899 LKR) - Signature half waffle topped with chocolate. This is the best ever!!! Scrumptious, tasted just like Kit Kats. May be better than Kit Kats. Waffle is half topped with milk chocolate and the other half with dark chocolate. It was rich and sweet, waffle edges were so crunchy and crispy. A great deal indeed.
2. Brownie Crepe (1100 LKR) - A big crepe filled with brownies and chocolate. Brownie crepe was so rich. It was all about chocolates. Tasty brownies loaded with cashews filled inside a beautiful crepe topped with loads & loads of chocolate. This was totally luscious. I’m divinely happy!
3. Chocoholics Stack (899 LKR) - A stack of mini pancakes topped with chocolate. Fluffy mini pancakes, topped with loads of chocolate and what’s more?! Best pancake deal ever. Pancakes were absolutely moreish.
4. Hot chocolate (499 LKR) - One of the best hot chocolates I’ve had. Warm, luscious, thick and rich. Definitely chocolate was the hero, but very well balanced.
5. Strawberry and cream cheese milk shake (699 LKR) - This was recommended by the Chocoholics staff. Thank you!!!! I loved every sip of it. Milk shake had a perfect blend of strawberries to cream cheese. Chocolate added an exciting flavor to it.
I’m totally in love with every dish that I tasted and especially in love with the presentation.
Chocolate toppings were the best you could imagine of.
Tip 💡 - Try their signature chocolate waffle. Specially if you are a Kit Kat lover!
Very good customer service. They will help you to choose the dishes and to deliver the best for you... Highly satisfied. 9.5/10
Thank you for inviting me @chocoholics.lk,I had a great time with great food! #FoodBlogger#IgFoodBlog#Foodgram#FoodLover#Influencer#IgInfluencing#FoodOfTheDay#Foo#FoodiesAlbum#IslandGirl#GoodFood#FoodCravings#YummyInMyTummy #Foodie #Dillycious#AGirlEats#DillyEats