Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I don’t think I truly understood what love was until I became a believer. It’s more than a feeling, love is a commitment - a commitment to train yourself to be all these attributes to others. Attributes that are not inherent in our bent nature. But Christ came down, and he was all these things to us, for us. We need to strive to love in these ways, we need to question if we use ‘love’ freely when the love we have possesses none of these attributes. Then it’s just a self-centered, self-involved love and not a biblical love we have been called to. .
Nib: Perry & Co #81 EF
Ink: Finetec Rose Gold
Doing a massive catchup on #tln_loveis. 😬 #letteringee
I don’t think I’ve done a #fridayintroductions since October, so here goes! Btw #ihatetakingselfies
What’s up my lettering/floral/artist peeps! I’m Krysten Lauren. I’m the face behind Love Letters by Lauren and one of the co-creators of @floralsyourway. I joined this amazing community almost 2 years ago, and I still seriously love it! I am married to my best friend and I have two awesome boys! We recently moved from Albuquerque to the SLC area, and we absolutely love it here! I was chosen a few weeks ago to do the 5 random facts about me and I never did it, so here they are!
1. I haven’t bought any new art supplies in probably over 8 months. I just use what I have until it goes out. I feel guilty spending money on it, I’m weird I guess.
2. I hate horror movies, especially slasher films🤮 They make my insane imagination run away with me. But I love a comedy and my hubby and I love Marvel! Which brings me to my #3.
3. My youngest son is named Parker. Can you guess who he’s named after?!.... hint hint...🕷
4. I’m a self taught artist but I do get most of my skill from my dad. I started drawing portraits around 10 yrs old, and I took a calligraphy class back in high school (20 yrs ago 😳)
5. I seriously can’t think of anything else to tell you about me, I’m not that interesting. So if you want to know anything just ask. 🤗
Thanks for following along, you guys are amazing! 😘
I’ve never considered myself an artist. I’ve been approached a couple times to be in art shows but it seems awkward and again I don’t consider myself an artist. But I’m stretching myself to learn a new skill and drawing flowers is it! I’ve been following @allikdesign ‘s book and it’s incredible. This video sort of makes me feel like an artist, I’m starting to embrace it. I just need to get a beret.
Un espacio alucinante para un delicioso Taller de Lettering. Esperen otros talleres maravillosos pronto!!! 😍😍😍@zonaellanogrande
It is time for the lower case h in the weekly #52letters challenge.
Follow me for more calligraphy, progress or contact:
One of my all time favs & a must visit every time. Congrats on the newly expanded store @kakimori_tokyo ! Can’t wait to get my notebooks in a few weeks ( got my name put on them this time, otherwise they can be done within the hour) & I can never leave this place without one ( or more 🤣 ) bottles of ink. Who can resist an ink named ‘pink lemonade’? Come on ! 💕💓 #kakimori#tokyo#kuramae